Search & Win

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 2 - Frugal February

I'd like to say I only spent $50 this week but I didn't. I ended up going over. Part of it was the snow and the rush to get everything I needed before it started (I went on Thursday afternoon) - the other part was the fact that I had 5 kids with me. Yea, not the best of ideas!

Normally I'm alone and I can keep a pretty good tally in my head of what I am spending but in a crowded store full of snow shoppers and dragging 5 kids with me - 3 of which insist on pushing their own carts - I managed to lose track. On top of that I had to go back to Giant for a few more items that I forgot!

Lesson learned - don't shop on a pre-snow day with 5 kids if you want to stay under budget AND get everything you need!!

Either way this is what I got:


(Not pictured: 4 gallons of milk)

I spent: $64.56
And saved: $84.90

This week I used the Coupon Mom as my source for deals and coupon matching. Because of the storm, the Superbowl and the money I already spent I won't be going back with the Grocery Game this week. Hopefully next week I'll be able to do a better comparison of the two.

Best deals this week:

Goldfish crackers (Printable deal match-up from Southern Savers):
- original price: $2.19 each
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free
- used printable $0.75/1 coupon from HERE
- final price for 1: free
- I used 2 coupons and bought 4 packs for $1.50

Betty Crocker Pop-Secret Popcorn
- original price: $2.99/each
- sale price: $1.00/each (10/$10.00)
- used 2 $1.00/2 coupons from RP 1/3
- final price: $0.50/each (83% off)

Wheat Thins Crackers
- original price: $3.59/each
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free
- used 3 $2.00/2 printables from HERE
- final price: $0.79/each

I also ended up going to Giant for some groceries and spent: $16.85. So the total for this week's groceries was: $81.41.

Less than normal but still more than I had hoped. I've decided to cut myself some slack considering the snow and the kids and all and hope to spend a LOT less next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment