Search & Win

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week 4 - Frugal February (Overbudget)

Today I made my second trip on double coupon week - this was the "real" shopping for the week - yesterday was just for the big deals :) Although I have to say I got a number of good deals tonight too! And doubled another 20 coupons.

However, I have gone over budget. Not for my usual $400 a month budget but my hoped for $50/week is not going as well as I had planned. I have discovered it's very hard to spend so little if you have no meat stocked up and if you spend a good $15 a week on milk!

So, today I got:



I spent: $58.34
And saved: $94.42

My best deals (match-ups from The Coupon Mom):

Hormel Pork Filet
- regular price: $9.99
- sale price: 50% off - $4.99
- used 2 $1.00/1 coupons from S 2/7
- final price: $2.99

Cheese Nips
- regular price: $2.39
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free
- used 2 $1.00/1 coupons from S 1/24
- final price for one box: free
- I opted to buy 4 boxes because HT does not give overage and I didn't want to "waste" my doubled coupon by having it only double to $1.20 instead of $2.00 so for 2 boxes I paid: $0.39 or $0.20/box!

Quaker Instant Oatmeal
- regular price: $2.99
- sale price: none
- used 5 $1.00/1 coupons from RP 2/7
- final price: $0.99/each

Dannon Danimals Coolision
- regular price: $2.79
- sale price: none
- used 4 $1.00/1 coupons from S 2/7
- final price: $0.79/each

There are lots of deals at HT this week - a lot of empty shelves too so I would get there early! Barilla Pasta is on sale buy 2 get 3 free and the shelves were almost bare and it's only Thursday! It pays to shop early.

No comments:

Post a Comment