Search & Win

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 3 - Frugal February

I was certainly much closer to my goal for the coming week. Of course, it was easier since I already know that next week is dollar doubler. I also didn't do much in the way of meal planning since we still have some meals left over from last week that we haven't used yet and I will pick a few more things up for meals when I start shopping again on Wednesday :) Yes, I'm going back early but I'm still going to try and stay within my $50 budget for the week. Other than milk that should get me through till March. I'm very much hoping for great deals next week to stretch my dollar!

For this week I got:


(not pictured: 4 gallons of milk)

I spent: $45.36
And saved: $37.43

I did make one mistake. The Fruit Loops "to-go" cereal cups were buy 2 get 3 free. I guess there was a limit of 10 which I did not know even though I checked the shelf tag and it did NOT say there was a limit. But when I checked my receipt later I realized that I only got 6 free and not 9 like I had hoped so that cost me a few dollars more than I had planned to spend. Oh well, the kids will still eat and love them.

Best deals:

Kellogg's Cereal
- regular price: $3.19/each
- sale price 2/$5.00
- used 2 printable coupons from coupons.com $1.50/2
- final price: $1.75/each
- I also received a $3.00 off my next order Catalina for buying 4 boxes so that brings the price down to $1.00 a box
- I do know that the $1.50 off coupon will double next week but the difference was only $0.10 so I picked them up this week anyway (of course if they are on sale again next week that will be a different story)

Country Crock spread
- regular price: $1.99/each
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free
- used $1.25/2 coupon from RP 1/31
- final price: $0.25/each
(I didn't actually use the coupon - I am saving it till Wednesday because I have a raincheck for buy 1 get 1 free spread for the larger size and my $1.25 coupon will double to $2.50 off which saves me a lot more)

Cole Garlic bread (coupon match-up from Southern Savers)
- regular price: $3.19/each
- sale price: buy 1 get 1 free
- used 2 printable $0.50/1 coupons from HERE
- final price: $0.60/each

Other match-ups from the Coupon Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment